Saturday, November 20, 2004

Memories Are Made Of This


I attended a team building event at the Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay last week. After a morning session, we broke for an afternoon of spa treatments. I chose a massage and was delighted by the hot towels wrapped around my feet and over my shoulders. Lavender oil was applied liberally and it was a refreshing experience. Afterward, I went outside to sit on the deck that overlooks the ocean. As the sun dipped down toward the horizon, bagpipe music was played by a man dressed in a Scottish kilt. The ocean wind was fierce and crisp and it stung my face, but I sat in my Adirondack chair wrapped in a cozy, warm sweater. Flocks of pelicans flew by, battling the wind with grace. The fairway, off to my right, extended as far as I could see. It was a beautiful, saturated block of bright green...and I imagined this must be what Nova Scotia looks and feels like. The craggy coastline and the foamy, white waves crashing against the rocks were mesmerizing and I felt renewed just by having soaked it all in.

It was a perfect moment, one that I will bookmark in my memory for a long, long time. Posted by Hello