Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Finding My Way...Day. By. Day.

"Life is all about timing and it just isn't right. You can't force it"
"Things happen for a reason."
"Things always work out for the best."

Words of advice and encouragement from friends, so I'll get over the fact that I withdrew my candidacy for a training position. The next interview was to have been yesterday at 1pm, and I suffered for most of the day second-guessing myself. I kept beating myself up with fear: "You'll never get a training position unless it's an internal transfer." Or, "This job won't be open again for a very long time." Throw in a little stomach churn, and I was pretty much a basket case yesterday...walking through the house grunting and moaning.

Tonight, the angst has faded. Mom was released from the hospital this afternoon and I decided to move her back into my home. To help her regain the weight she lost (she's down to 82 pounds) and start walking again. A nurse, physical therapist and social worker/grief counselor will visit every day. We have a tough road ahead.

Perhaps the training position will come available again sometime down the road. For now, I know in my heart of hearts that I made the right decision.