Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Fill 'Er Up!



Before we left on a trip to Denver, husband filled my car up with gas at $2.69 per gallon. I was positively giddy when I saw the price of gas in Colorado. "This is a good sign," I thought.

We were stunned by the price differential in all things: Real estate (HUGE difference), restaurant dining, sales tax, property tax...the list goes on and on. The quality of living in Colorado is substantially higher than the Bay Area. Homes are huge by comparison, and people waved to us as we drove through their neighborhoods. Wild cotton-tail bunnies were running amuck, and I was fascinated by the number of dogs that lounged on the front lawns watching kids and cars go by.

Don't ever let anyone fool you about the merits of San Francisco. It's a great place to visit. Denver is looking really, really good to us right now.


Posted by Hello