Sunday, May 29, 2005

Truly Bittersweet.

If I close my eyes and breathe deeply, I can feel the excitement and hope spread throughout my body. It feels all tinglely and warm and my heart seems to swell and flutter at the same time.

I know that life affords very few moments like this, and I'm lucky to to have this experience. I also know that I should be savoring every moment and enjoying the process. But damn! I want today to be July 8th something fearsome.

I told my husband last night that if this wasn't the saddest time in my life...it would be the happiest. Talk about extremes.

In the June, 2005 issue of Real Simple, John Mortimer is quoted: "Although the poet Shelley was right about our sincerest laughter being fraught with sadness, it's the sadness, in a way, which makes happiness complete."

I understand this on a deeper level, now. The yin-yang tug of life carries on.