Friday, August 19, 2005

The Finalist for the Kitchen Nook Curtain

Being unemployed for the last 2 months has been f-a-b-u-l-o-u-s.

I love not working.

I love sleeping in and working out when I have the most energy during the day, which is typically around 10am.

I love to spend hours looking at fabrics for our soon-to-be-made curtains and couches.

I love having lunch with friends, ordering a glass of wine and not worrying about getting back to the office within a decent amount of time.

I love taking my time in the morning to read the newspaper and drink my coffee.

And I love spending about an hour each morning watering the flowers, pulling up weeds, stretching out on the backyard lawn, and chatting with the neighbors.

This is about all that I want to handle at this point in my life, and every day continues to get better and brighter. Hooray for silly, fun things like decorating and making meatballs. I've worked so hard for over twenty years...and I'm really enjoying the break.

I highly recommend it to anyone considering the same.