Sunday, September 04, 2005

Tomorrow will be a good day.

A church in the Denver area is collecting supplies for the victims of Katrina. Walmart has agreed to transport them all of the way down South to the people of Louisiana and Mississippi. Our personal contribution includes boxes of clothing, non-perishable food and hygiene products.

A group of evacuees arrived in Denver earlier this evening. Only one plane touched down - there were supposed to be five. Hopefully, those folks will arrive here tomorrow. I plan to contact the Red Cross to see how I can help onsite and in-person.

Husband and I are also doing some volunteer work for a local Animal Shelter, which was scheduled before the Katrina disaster.

I am so thankful that we are settled here in Colorado and safely tucked away in our new home. When I was washing the kitchen counters this morning, I gave a silent a prayer of thanks for even having a kitchen to clean.

Life can be so brutally harsh. Every good day is one to be celebrated and shared.