Friday, April 28, 2006

Mission Impossible: Domestica



Husband and I celebrated our 11th Anniversary in late March, and since then, Older Girl has asked us to "leave the house" so she could give us our Anniversary present.

Last night, Husband and I went to see a production of Man of La Mancha and we were gone for about 5 hours. We came home to a beautiful, highly organized pantry.

It must have taken this poor kid hours to clean.

Dammit, my heart hurts. I don't want to let her go. I don't want her to go back to living in squalor with zero supervision and encouragement (yes, encouragement...from both parents) to sleep with multiple guys just for the helluva it. I don't want to see her choose drugs to help her deal with reality. And I hate the idea of her being exposed to her parent's "friends." Druggie, Gambling-Addicted Rat Bastards.

If a childless, maternal-wannabe woman cries from her soul in an empty house...does anybody hear?