Monday, September 22, 2008

Stress.

(Heavy sigh.) The new Siamese cat joined our family last Thursday. I found him at a rescue shelter, made a quick phone call and he was in our home later that afternoon. After getting checked out by the vet the next day, I released him into the house with hopes that he would integrate and become less skittish.

I saw him flit through the hallway this morning and into the study. After following him and shutting the door, I caught one last glimpse of him as he disappeared right before my very eyes.

Baby Boy had removed the vent register and the cat sklunked down into the duct. I have no idea where he is now.

What the?

I know he's scared but seriously: How can a dirty, dark vent be better than sleeping under my bed?

What do I do?
How do I get him out?
Can he get trapped and die?

I've got food and feather toys propped up in three different places throughout the house. I hope he comes out soon. I'm really starting to get worried.