Tuesday, August 20, 2013

How is it possible to wake up one day and realize that you have whittled your life down to just a few areas of focus? 

Child. 
Husband. 
House. 
1-2 dinners with neighbors per month. 
Cleaning. 
Facebook. 

Damn, I used to be fun! Spirited and effervescent! 

Now, I'm like a tired, old donkey. Don't want to move around too much. No longer surprised when someone tries to hurt me or tease me. Just want my food and water and a cool spot in the shade.

I'm at a crossroads right now and need to make a decision. Do I step back into life and experience new risks, joys and surprises? Get back into shape and be active again? Drag my butt out of this BarcaLounger and get out of the house?

 Or do I roll over and play dead? Just as I've been doing for the last 3 months.

Lots of people get laid off from their jobs. This pity party really needs to end.

Hee Haw.