Friday, November 12, 2004


There was no ticker-tape parade and certainly no Paparazzi staking out my local haunts to commemorate my 42nd birthday. But I did get a decorated office, a 40lb chocolate cake (no kidding on this one) that fed my entire staff and a beautiful bouquet from the Hub. Overall, it was a very nice day. Not too many years ago, I used to feel excited about my birthday and I looked forward to all of the attention. Now, I'm mellowed out and do my best to dodge the festivities. Family members ask me..."What do you want?" And my reply, "Absolutely nothing. Just come visit and spend some time with us. We'll throw something on the barbeque." It's all about relationships and connections now. I realize this shift in values isn't supposed to take place until I'm in my 60s or 70s....but hey, I spent the majority of my young life being materialistic and shallow and this transition is long, long overdue.
Posted by Hello