Saturday, March 19, 2005

And They Ate Cake.



Our 10 year wedding anniversary is fast approaching. It's a threshold that many people don't ever see for themselves. We've been lucky - we were able to get through the tough times to experience this: Our toughest time yet.

But it's OK, because I know that you will always be by my side. You are a man who holds true to your commitment. You are good natured and ultimately forgiving. You don't love me unconditionally, which we have discussed at length, but I am the love of your life and you know you made the right decision when you married me. I've daydreamed about leaving, many times, because it sometimes felt easier than trying to deal with the problems.

But it always came down to the one single truth that holds fast in my heart. I love you.

I love who you are and how you do things. I love your integrity and creative genius. I love the way you wake up each morning excited and filled with optimism. I love the way you take care of my parents, and how you remain fiercely loyal to your own. I love your handyman capabilities, your new interest in talk radio, and the way you force yourself to read books...even though it's a laborious task for you. I love the way you sing in the kitchen, and allow me to drag you to the floor for smooches whenever the feeling hits. I love your smooth skin and tiny blond hairs. And the fact that you're always clean and smell good. You can't cook, it's true, but you're always willing to get in the car and pick up the take-out...in the rain, late at night, even just 10 minutes before American Idol.

There are a lot of days when I wish I was you, to live inside your skin and be the amazing artist that you are. To be able to jump out of the shower, throw on some jeans and look incredible. To have grown up with a loving family that had fun together. To experience your sweetness and warmth from the inside out.

There are days when I wish I was you...because I think you're pretty damn awesome, and I'd like to know what that feels like.

Posted by Hello