Sunday, March 06, 2005

Worth Taking Note

I read this comment tonight and feel it is worthy of a permanent placement on this blog. I highly respect the writing of this man. His character is solid and true. Read his words, read his blog. I have learned so much from him. He is Good People.

You most certainly are doing everything you can. We're human, after all, and perfection isn't part of the plan. But heart, dedication, and effort all are. And you've got those in spades. We lost my uncle yesterday, and I've been torturing myself since I was jarred awake by my father's phone call. Did I do enough? WHat else could I have done?There are no real answers: you simply have to content yourself with the knowledge that there's only so much one person can do, and that life has a way of throwing curves when we least expect it to. And one more thing: we must always look for the good. It's there. It's not always easy to see, but it does exist. In the midst of incomprehensible grief, you have to believe that the light continues to shine. And you have to keep looking for it.
Carmi