Thursday, December 22, 2005

All in All...A Very Good Day.


The sunrise was spectacular this morning.

Despite the beautiful sky, I basically slept all morning. The knot in my back caused my neck to stiffen and my left arm throbbed and went numb simultaneously. Husband came home and found me in bed at 1:00pm in the afternoon. He spent 45 minutes rubbing the knot out, so I could get up and start working on dinner.

Family and friends arrived at 5:00pm. We feasted on prime rib, crab cakes, couscous, salad, broccoli and cheesy bread. Cheesecake, ice cream and chocolate cake were served for dessert. We laughed and hooted and brawled...hugged and cried and kissed each other on the cheek. My niece played the piano and it was hauntingly beautiful. We finished the 1500 piece jigsaw puzzle and hummed along to Frank Sinatra singing Christmas carols.

It was a perfect morning and a wonderful night. The in-between part wasn't' so good, but that's OK. I'm grateful that I was able to join the fun and be part of the good memories.

Thank you, God, for family and friends and simple good times.