Friday, February 17, 2006

It's a sweltering 3 degrees outside with light snow falling like rain. Up until now, I have only vacationed in snow for no more than 5 days.

I actually like the snow and the cold and the exhaust seeping from my neighbors' rooftop vents. It makes me feel cozy and safe to be here inside with my down comforters and warm, furry cats.

I've made the decision to investigate a masters degree in education. I would love to teach some university courses - and that requires a masters degree. I'm considering a program that will take just over one year and prepare me for teaching and curriculum development. I could work part time and do what I really enjoy - helping people learn and grow...without having to subject myself to the corporate hypocrisies inherent in every organization out there.

Plus, I think it will be cool to go back to school again. Just as long as I don't have to do math, because I will tank to the bottom of the drain if I'm forced to exhibit any mathematical skill whatsoever.

In the meantime, I am creating a logo, company brochure and a one-hour preso for my husband's company...in addition to making jewelry. It's all fun and keeps me busy.

I don't miss working full time at all.

occasionally, I don't know what to do with myself - but I really don't want to go back to work as a sales manager anytime soon. I miss my team but very little else.

Beyond that, we are inundated with adoption paperwork. I just can't wait to get our babies. That's when the fun is really going to begin, eh?