Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Ugh.

I really know that I shouldn't complain. Because, well, any vacation travel is good...right?

I don't want to go to Hawaii.

But it's one of Dad's dreams to see the volcanos. I suppose he'll have to do it from a helicopter since he can't walk...unless there is access for a scooter.

I don't want to go to Hawaii.

I've been there on 9 different occasions. I've seen it, done it, been there, and I'm done with it.

I don't want to go to Hawaii.

I don't mean to be difficult, and if I have to go I will. But what about Lake Louise? Pompeii? Florence? The Bitter End? Sardinia? Hawaii is so doggone commercial and bland.

I don't want to go to Hawaii. Again.

But I'm going because this is one of Dad's choices. (Tahiti isn't a much better option...considering the 16 hour flight.) And because this will be the third vacation that we have taken together as a family...ever...I'm sure it will be a good time.

Right?