Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Husband received a call from his mom two nights ago...on his cell phone. This has never happened, not even once. She always, always calls the land line.

Cold, prickly fingers of fear started creeping into my stomach. Especially as I sat and listened to his comments and moans.

Husband's dad has been unofficially diagnosed with lungcancer. He's coughing up blood and is extremely exhausted.

We have moved into another state of shock.

I haven't had the heart to start researching the disease. I did so much of that with my sister, my mom, my dad and my baby....I'm sick and tired of reading about pain, disease, disability and death. And frankly, I'm extremely concerned and I don't want to read anything that validates my biggest fears.

Our hearts are broken, and we're hoping against all odds that Dad's condition isn't as serious as it appears at first glance.