Saturday, June 28, 2008


Tick Tock.

Tick Tock.

Tick Tock.

Vet #6 seemed to think that my cat had Feline Aids. He was tested (negative) before he ever came home with us and then again at our vet's office. He was an indoor cat and didn't have exposure to other cats in the neighborhood. I'm racking my brain trying to figure out how and if this is even possible. We should know the test results by Thursday.

In the meantime, I'm eyeing my other cats and wondering what the future holds in store for them.
Do I even need to utter the words outloud: How the hell can a person go to 6 different vets and have umpteen visits over a year and a half with no mention of Feline Aids prior to the vet telling me it's time to end his suffering? My frustration is palpable, i.e. it's throbbing in my forehead and making my eyes bulge a bit.

My incessant crying has finally become sporadic. I know in my heart that I did everything humanly possible to find a cure...short of taking him to Mayo. But that doesn't help the hurt in my heart or the knowledge that I will never be able to replace him. I've lost something truly unique and precious, and I miss him and his naggy little cat howl.