Sunday, October 04, 2009

Husband told me that he has a 15 year plan today.

I sat and listened quietly in my stupefaction. I was thrilled on a visceral level, but at the same time, I couldn't stop thinking "It's about time!"

Early in our marriage, I used to book weekend trips specifically so we could carve out a Master Plan together. Husband wouldn't do it. He's a very Live in the Now kind of guy and was perfectly happy drifting along in any 'ol direction. Retirement? Doesn't think about it. Moving to different house? Not happening now so won't talk about it.

A couple of years back, our COBRA ran out and it was impossible to discuss it with him. He didn't have any urgency to get a job or health care coverage because in that moment, we still had insurance.

Now, he wants to bang-out a 15 year plan.

I've waited a long time for this. I am going to enjoy every second of the process.