Friday, April 21, 2006

She's an Ignoramous

Older Girl is still in love with her first boyfriend. Trouble is, he's in a juvenile workcamp in California because he's been busted smoking pot, drinking and destroying private property, etc. He's a Troublemaker with an unknown (but most likely bleak) future, but she isn't able to make that distinction. She only sees his "good heart" and not his actions. Older Girl is convinced that he will be different when he gets out of jail.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that her sights are set so low.

I suppose I shouldn't be so shocked when I hear her talk to her boyfriend's mother and discuss having her "grandbabies."

In the meantime, she'll tell me to my face that she won't ever date him again, yada yada yada. All of the stuff that she knows that I want to hear. Playing the system to get everything that she wants.

There is nothing that I can do to help this girl.